Construction Material Testing (CMT) is seeking Construction Materials Testing Technicians to join our Houston, TX office. As a technician, you will perform a variety of testing on construction materials such as soils, concrete, masonry, and asphalt.
The chosen candidate(s) will receive in-depth technical training and industry certifications upon successful completion of examinations and demonstration of ability. This is a career opportunity to become a member of a highly successful, fast paced team with a steady and growing backlog of exciting projects.
Candidates should be comfortable working outdoors in varying weather conditions and be able to lift 50+ pounds. The chosen candidate will frequently be required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. At times, this position may be working at or on uneven terrain, varying heights, in confined spaces, or supported trenches.
- Perform field density tests of soils
- Perform field concrete testing, including slump, air content, and strength
- Prepare daily reports
- Work with project managers and senior technicians or staff to ensure specifications are followed
- Perform routine samples and testing of soils, aggregates, concrete, masonry, and asphalt and assist with more complex tasks, as required
- Log in material samples
- Prepare samples for processing which includes weighing and drying each one
- Perform tests using appropriate ASTM methods
- Enter test data manually onto the proper forms
- Maintain a clean working environment
- Perform general maintenance on lab equipment
- Ensure quality in every step of the testing process
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Ensures on time and regular attendance
- Assist Drilling and Construction Material Testing Departments as required by Org Supervisor
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong safety focus and attention to detail
- A demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical concepts
- Flexibility to work extended or nontraditional hours as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Related work experience in materials testing or construction is a plus All candidates must have:
- A High School diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver’s license with clean driving record for the last 3 years
- The ability to lift 50+ pounds
At Construction Material Testing (CMT), we are a Drug-Free Workplace and require all new hires to complete a pre-employment drug screen test, criminal background check, and motor vehicle report. At Construction Material Testing (CMT), employees are encouraged to expand their skills and certifications through company provided training and mentoring. Construction Material Testing (CMT) offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, PTO, Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and paid holidays. As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status. Construction Material Testing (CMT) strives to ensure that its careers web site is accessible to all.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Construction Material Testing (CMT) is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. Please contact us for more information.